Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pizza for Breakfast?? Pizza for Breakfast!!

So maybe we've gone a bit overboard with the pizza lately. We just can't stop. I don't know what to say. And, yes, some have turned out better than others, but they've all been at least very good and a few have been even better than that. I'm not tooting our own horn, just saying that pizza making is pretty straightforward, and fun, and offers some opportunities for creativity. Plus, who doesn't love pizza?

We had a couple good friends stay over last weekend, and decided to make some breakfast pizzas. We had some leftover sauce from the huevos rancheros, so that would come into play. Should we fry or scramble our eggs? How about a pie of each? Hmm, there's chorizo, bacon, a couple kinds of cheese . . . I see where this all is going.



One lesson learned: make sure to construct the pizza in a way that the egg, when cracked onto the partially baked pie, does not run all over the place. Use strategically placed onions maybe, or leave spaces with no other toppings that can contain the egg, whatever. Because, of the three eggs I tried to crack onto the pie, you can see below that one worked, the other two, not so much. Still yummy, but a bit haphazard-looking.



Anyways, this worked out well. Really tasty stuff. And, since breakfast on the weekends is probably my favorite meal to eat, I was a very happy boy.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are on to something... I have never seen a B'fast pizza.
Scooter

gaga said...

That's such a great idea. I used to always eat leftover cold pizza for breakfast, but this beats that for sure!