Friday, February 20, 2009

No, kitty, that's my pot pie

Look, I'm not complaining about the bacon-of-the-month club at all. I love it. Do you have any idea how amazing it is to get 2 pounds of artisan bacon in the mail every month? Black pepper, country bacon, maple-smoked, the fun never ends. Trust me. But sometimes it is hard to use up all that bacon.

Plus, we had some leftover biscuits from our recent brunch. So, after some thinking, we decided that chicken pot pie filling on top of those biscuits was something we could sneak some bacon into, a good use of the biscuits, and a way to sneak in some veggies (I was particularly happy for the green beans; they're among my favorites).

I'll admit that whenever I buy a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store I feel like a sad single guy who buys himself a chicken, takes it home, and eats it alone in the dark out of the carton. Not that I've ever done that, but ever since the time I bought a rotisserie chicken and nothing else, I get a bit self-conscious.

This chicken was way overdone, and the meat completely fell apart, but the filling was moist enough to keep the chicken from being too dry.

It's not the prettiest, but very tasty.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: